The Charlottesville Ballet is a professional ballet company, dance academy, and nonprofit organization based in Charlottesville, VA which presents performances and events throughout central Virginia.
The Charlottesville Ballet consists of three comoponents: the professional company of sixteen dancers from around the world, a nonprofit training center, and an after-school outreach program that gives underserved children a hands-on experience with the arts in the public schools.
To support the expanding reach of its programs, The Charlottesville Ballet will be taking a pivotal step by expanding its facilities space. The additional space will allow them to serve more students, broaden its education programs, and increase its capacity for community partnerships and outreach.
You can help by sharing money, or by directly helping to acquire and install the needs below.
- Security System and Video Feed Cameras – dancer and student safety is absolutely critical as they come and go from the parking lot; cameras in each classroom will add to this safety ($4,000)
- Green Upgrades – we are committed to exemplifying sustainable practices that keep our environment clean and safe, inside and out ($1,000)
- Scholarship Fund – to provide everyone who really desires it the chance to dance
- Sound System – a quality sound system is critical for efficient teaching and dancer engagement ($1,000)
- Mirrors – professionally installed, high grade, floor to ceiling visibility to observe, correct, and ensure proper body mechanics ($8,000)
- Sprung Floor – a new high quality shock absorbing floor that is safer for developing dancers and which will last a lifetime
- Homework Area – a commitment to dance must be combined with a student's responsibility to school; the study area will allow our dancers to take advantage of every minute ($1,000)
Contact Charlottesville Ballet to tell us how you can help.